Monday 1 August 2011

A "Summer" Clean

Morning!

Hope everyone had a lovely sunny weekend!

I definitely had a very productive weekend. After putting it off for so long I decided to clean out my wardrobe.  Well after 2 hours and three bin bags later – I had finally whittled down a keep, chuck and a maybe pile down to just a keep pile! I felt rather proud of myself.  What is it when you get the tidying bug, you just can’t stop!  I had been neglecting my craft “corner” for a while and had just been shoving things in a drawer when I’d finished crafting, not cleaning stamps after using them and creating a pile of paper scraps. So yesterday I felt enough was enough and sorted through everything.  I thought I’d share it with you this morning!


I dream of one day having my own craft room.   I often do sit at my desk and day dream of colour schemes and storage ideas.  The idea of having shelves and shelves of jars, filled with every colour of ribbon and buttons, drawers of paper, boxes upon boxes of stamps and punches. Hmmm a girl can dream!

After hours of tidying I thought it was about time I made something.  It is coming up to my friends 1st Wedding Anniversary – so I thought it was a perfect excuse to make something using my new Papertrey Ink Heart Print stamp set. I’ve been eyeing these up for a while and this was the perfect opportunity.  I’m always aiming to try new things on my cards so I decided this pretty heart would look extra special if it was embossed.  I stamped it using Versafine ink in orchid and then applied a layer of WOW clear embossing powder and then heated using my heat tool.  I really like the outcome – it gives it a 3D effect.
Layering up Pink Petticoat washed paper and craft card and finishing with bakers twine (I really can’t get enough of this stuff)




What do you think? 
Check back tomorrow – for a jewellery related post.

Have a great day.

Kate
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment