Sunday 28 August 2011

Sweet Thing...

Afternoon Everyone.


How is everyones Bank Holiday weekend going?  Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday, I got carried away making things and by the time I realised what the time was it was time for me to get ready and go out.  Feeling slightly delicate today, one to many last night me thinks!


Anyway, I wanted to share with you two cards today, just to make it up to you.  Theres a theme running in todays cards. Can you guess what it is?




So for my first card, I used a newish set from Papertrey Ink.  Just looking at this card makes me want to eat lots of ice cream! Shame its not really the weather for it.  I stamped the cone onto a tall white card, which I had layered with a gorgeous butter yellow border.  I was trying to think how I could add the ice cream with out stamping it, just to add a bit of a 3D effect.  Then I remember my lovely stack of felt samples I'd bought from Paper and String - perfect.  I cut two scoops using the co ordinating die and layered them onto the card.  What would an ice cream be without a cherry on top?  I stamped the sentiment using two different colour inks to highlight the "sweetness" and finished it all off with some 3mm satin ribbon.  What do you think? Good enough to eat right?


I couldn't stop there.  It got me thinking about yummy cherries, so I then made this card.



 I love cherries lots!  I made this card using a A6 base and used a cherry red border.  Im so in love with my new sewing machine, it would be a crime not to stitch everything! I stamped the storks using a lime green and then die cut the cherries from some felt spot red card that I bought from The Glitter Pot yonks ago. I sort of got the bug yesterday to add a bit of dimension to my card so instead of just stamping the leaves I decided to use up some scrap ribbon.  I love the dots!  To finish it off I stamped the sentiment and used some 3mm adhesive gems over the dots of the i's!

Thats it from me today! I have the whole day to myself tomorrow so i'm looking forward to sitting down and getting lots done inbetween "Save the Dates".

Just one more thing I wanted to show you before I leave.  My new stickers arrived yesterday!! So now I can stick them to each card I make so that people know that I made them!! Exciting hey? Well it is for me!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your long weekend.


Take Care


Kate
xx

1 comment:

  1. I love the ice cream card, it's fab! Hope you are getting on OK with the "save the dates" xx

    ReplyDelete