Thursday 18 August 2011

Fancy Dress...

Evening...


What a busy day! I am completely and utterly in love with my new sewing machine.  It's so quick and so much quieter than my other one.  Also it works which is a big difference from my singer.  So i've been busy today, making a few cards.  I started making a birthday card for my friend and whilst rummaging through all my bits and bobs I found lots of things in the wrong places, stamps that needed cleaning and just general rubbish, so what was supposed a pure card making day turned into a bit of a tidy up as well.


Ok so my card for today, is a bit of a theme card.  It seems as my group of friends have gotten older, when we celebrate any occasion we always do it with fancy dress.  It always turns into such a giggle, everyone makes an effort and always look great.  I wanted to make a card to represent the theme of this Saturday's shinanagans, so heres what I made.  


I have been planning this card for a little while now, just sketching it out.  I like to sketch things down as soon as I get an idea, otherwise I forget them and they never seem to be as good the second time round.  I used crimson pinstripe digital download from Pink Petticoat, and it wouldn't have been one of my cards without kraft card.  I have fallen in love all over again, I ordered some kraft card from Papertrey ink which arrived in my recent parcel.  Its such a good quality cardstock, thick and smooth and makes stamping on it really easy.  I completely obsessed with this Crealies cutting die.  Its great for creating layered flowers which  can be used for all different types of cards.  I made this flower using off cut off of the pinstripe paper and some felt from my paper and string order, finished off with a stripy button and some button twine.  The sentiment I used on this card is from the Hero Arts set Essential Messages.


So can anyone guess what were dressing up as on Saturday? 


Have a good evening.


I will be back with some else new!


Kate
xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow like the card. Really bright n clean looking. Will have aguess that the party theme is country n western.

    ReplyDelete