Wednesday 17 August 2011

Master Chef!

Good Morning!


Hope everyone is ok.


Ok, so today is the day - YAY! I pick my new sewing machine up today. I am so excited.  It seems such a stupid thing to get excited about but I cannot wait.  I have missed stitching so much I can't wait to start again.


As you may know I haven't felt like making any cards since the breakdown of Sonny the Singer so I don't have any paper craft to show you today.  But... I am still trying to blog everyday, so I had a think about what I could show you.  Something I didn't mention before is that I love cooking.  I think this stemmed from my mum.  She was such a brilliant cook until she was diagnosed with MS and she lost the use of her arms and legs. She used to make the most amazing desserts - I always remember on a Friday night the kitchen would be full of yummy smells and the work top laden with roulades, pavalovas, cheesecakes, tortes of various kinds and then on Saturday morning I would go with her to deliver them to a local pub where they would serve them on their menu. Sadly I have to admit that cakes have never really been my strong point, I can bake a decent looking tray-bake, but nothing like mum used to make.  What I love cooking are dinners.  I also love hosting dinner parties, there is nothing I like more than having friends over, have a glass of wine, a good old chin wig and a scrummy meal.


So last night we had our friends over for dinner, and this is what I made.


Chicken Pesto Crumble.  This is one of my favourite dinners because it is so easy to make.


I thought id share the recipe with you.


2 garlic cloves
1 jar of pesto
700g new potatoes
5 chicken breasts
1 red onion , finely chopped
550g chopped tomatoes
1-2tbsp tomato puree
250g mozzerella, diced
a couple of splashes of tabasco.
100g white breadcrumbs



  1. Dice the new potatoes and cook until soft. The stir in the pesto until fully coated in the pesto.
  2. Cut the chicken into bite size chunks and fry with the onion and crush garlic. 
  3. Once cooked through add the tinned tomatoes and cook for 6-7 minutes and then add the puree to taste.
  4. Stir in the potatoes into the chicken and add the tabasco.
  5. Spoon the mixture into a ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the mozzerella (lots of it) and then cover with the breadcrumbs.
  6. Bake in a preheated oven at 190c/Gas Mark 5 for 20-25 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
You can serve this with almost anything.  I serve mine with a tomato, mozzerella and rocket salad and crusty bread to mop up the juices! Oh and don't forget a nice glass of red wine! YUM!


Hope I haven't made you too hungry this morning!! I shall be back tomorrow with a themed card!

Have a great day!

Kate 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment