Sunday 21 August 2011

Home Sweet Home...

Evening,

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend.

Sorry for the late post, I have spent most of the day recovering from a very late night/early morning.  I think i'm getting a bit old for this going out until the early hours malarky.

I haven't done much today, it's been one of those days where I have the intention of getting lots of jobs done but I have no motivation.  I managed to create a couple of bits to share with you after a little nap (two hour sleep) 

So I started this card on Thursday, I had an idea in my head of how I wanted it to look and went to finish it today but I messed it up beyond repair. There was only one thing for it...start again.  Surprise Surprise, another card using my new kraft card, but in my defence the black ink and red card really make this card "pop"!

I used Papertrey Ink - Congrats All Ways, I love this curly "congrats" and then the simpleness of the rest of the sentiment.  I finished this card off with a Martha Stewart butterfly punch, I absolutely adore this punch, its so simple but really pretty.  I used 3mm adhesive gems from Wild Orchid Crafts along the body of the butterfly to add a bit of sparkle.  I did contemplate using some ribbon but I just really liked the fact that it was such a clean layout and I didn't want to take the focus away from the butterfly.


So thats it from me today.  I shall be back tomorrow with something slightly different.

Kate
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment