Thursday 4 August 2011

English Weather

Morning!

What is going on with this weather? I know I should be used to it by now but I’m not.  After being in an office with air conditioning all day yesterday, stepping out into the tropical heat was a bit of a shock to the system.  We decided to have a BBQ last night, but didn’t manage to eat until nearly 9 o’clock as it was just too hot and humid. Yuk! My aim was to make a couple of cards for two of my friends who have just got themselves new jobs.  I had a great idea in mind and everything started off well but in the end, I had to give up.  I was so hot and sticky and it really wasn’t pleasant.  I was really annoyed as they were going to be today’s post!

So instead I’ve decided to show you a card I made back in May for mine and Adam’s four year anniversary.  I am a bit of a sucker for a play on words- and I thought it was quite cute, but not too cute you see as it had to be masculine enough for him to like! I had ordered these sentiment stamps from Papertrey Ink a while back, to be honest I’m not really sure why, probably because they were only $5 – I’m also a sucker for a bargain! I convinced my self they would come in handy somewhere down the line, and they did.



So here’s the card.  I’m not really sure what else I need to say about it! I love the simplicity of it. I tied two matches together with button twine and glued them to the card using glossy accents (those matches are going no where!) I then stamped the image using a simple black ink from Versa and finished it off with a few adhesive crystals from Wild Orchid Crafts.  What do you think?

I am afraid that’s all I have for today. However I am going to leave you with a teaser for tomorrows post!


Can you guess what it is yet?

Don't forget to enter the competition! Just leave me a comment!!

I’m going to go and try and stay out of the rain!

Have a great day.

Kate
xx




1 comment:

  1. I really like this card. So simple but very clever with the use of the matches and choice of words.

    ReplyDelete