Tuesday 9 August 2011

Flower Power...

Hello!

How is everyone today?

Just a quick reminder to let everyone know that today is the last day to comment to be in with a chance of winning some handmade jewellery! Just leave a comment on any of my posts and you will automatically be entered into the draw!

So anyway enough with me plugging that – onwards and upwards!  Last night I had a very rare evening to myself, although I was taxi for the evening I did have a good few hours by myself to indulge in the things I like best.  August is always a busy month on my calendar but it’s the month I always seem to forget about. I am one of those people that love sending handmade cards but they always seem to be sent at least a week late! So last night I sat down needing a quick fix of a card to send for my friends birthday which is today (Happy Birthday Lorna) I wanted something simple and not too fussy but bright and colourful to represent her personality.  I was trawling through all my supplies, of which there are a lot and I came across the felt flowers I ordered from Kitties Closet.  The cogs in my mind started turning and vibrant images of how the finish card came to light. So I got to work straight away.

I stamped the stem and leaves using Flower Fusion #1 by Papertrey Ink (who else!) with fresh green in by Versacolour onto a black white A6 card.  I did consider having a border and stitching but decided I wanted a really simple clean design just for a change.  I then attached the felt flower using glue dots and the same with the button.  To finish it off I stamped a sentiment from the same Flower Fusion set using simple black ink.  One of my cards wouldn’t be complete without a touch of bakers twine – on this card I used yellow bakers twine with pale button twine. What do you think?



I was so pleased with the outcome I decided to make one more.  Whenever I go anywhere I always make sure I buy a little pressie for my number one fan! So after our resent visit to the coast I needed something to put in with her gift! I used the same stem and leaf stamp and just chose a different colour felt flower and button! I used another sentiment from the flower stamp set – I thought this one was very appropriate as I do indeed Miss Her!



That’s all from me today – I’m very eager to get home today as my Papertrey Ink parcel is being delivered! I will share with you all tomorrow.

Thank you for reading and hope you have a lovely day.

Kate
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment