Sunday 29 January 2012

**Card Number 6 and 7**

Evening all...

Wow what a busy weekend!  I worked until 5 yesterday and then we were supposed to go out for dinner but I was just too tired so we stayed in, got a takeaway and watched some films, it was just what I needed after a non stop week!

Today - has been a bit of a disaster, I'm making the wedding invitations for my Uncles' wedding and they were coming over today to see the finished mock invitation.  I had run out of the card and had to wait for that to arrive all this week and then this morning when I went to print, the printer decided it wanted to blow up! After a quick browse of the internet to find the best possible one, we had to race to Cambridge to buy a new one, set it up and print the relevant pages of before they came to view them! Phew - I'm knackered all over again just typing that!

This afternoon has been a bit more relaxed, I've made enough Shepherds Pie to feed a small army, walked and bathed the dog and I've just got back from seeing the in laws and having a yummy dinner with best friends!

So as you noticed I didn't blog yesterday as... well you just read why, so I shall be sharing two cards with you today!!

Here's the first one...

I like this card, it makes me smile, I think its the colour! I used In Bloom - Harvest Gold and simple kraft card which I used the doily lace punch on.  I then used the large "thank you" stamp and finished it off with some bakers twine and a lovely sunny button!

My other card for tonight is this one...


I think this is my favourite! Again I used the large "thank you" stamp on white card and scattered some little flowers around the sentiment - in the gorgeous Lagoon Blue and used rhinestones on some of the flower centres.  I did think about using some ribbon but I liked it just the way it is!

What do you think?  Remember to leave me a comment- I do love reading them.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Take Care

Kate

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Phew. I got exhausted just reading it. Sounds like a real 'skin of the teeth' job. I love your cards, they have an elegant simplicity that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love card 6, the orange is just lovely, reminds me of spring!! X

    ReplyDelete