Monday 2 January 2012

**Happy New Year**

Hello

And a Happy New Year to all my readers - those that haven't neglected me like I have them!

I have no idea where November and December went - time just flew. In between making Christmas card orders for other people and then ones for myself I found I had no time to make a card just because.  After a nice, relaxing break from everything (crafting included) I am back in 2012 and ready to go.  I have already started filling up my Papertrey Ink basket and have been browsing Hero Arts new releases and getting lots of inspiration for the coming months.

I have told myself that one of my New Year's resolutions will be to blog at least twice a week! Obviously I can do more but I wanted to set myself with an achievable target!

So here we go...its Monday and it's my first blog of the week and of the new year!om

The Card:- My cousin's 21st Birthday
The Brief:- Something modern and bold.
Supplies:- Kraft card - papertrey ink, Purple and Peacock paper - Echo Park, Mauve Bakers twine - Ribbon Girl, Stick on Gems - Papermania.


I have a slight addiction to anything peacock related - I love the bright colours and the simplicity of this paper, it stood out so much that I couldn't resist buying it.  As you can see from the bottom picture I attached the die cut numbers (die by Papertrey Ink) using foam mounting pads to make them stand out more.

With using such a simple template I can use it again for other cards and occasions!

That's all from me today - need to prepare myself for back to work tomorrow, somehow I'm not sure I will be welcoming the 6 o'clock alarm in the morning.

Thank you very much for all your support and comments throughout the last few months, I hope that 2012 will be a creative one!

Thanks for reading. Take Care.

Kate

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Great card. Love the design and peacock blue, very bold and should go down a bomb. Happy New Year to you and look forward to reading you - what did you promise - twice a week? Jolly good luck with that one. lol.

    ReplyDelete