Wednesday 5 October 2011

Blue Butterflies...

Hello Everyone…

So why has my life been so hectic recently…well.

After nice leisurely sunny Sunday of baking, making and tidying, we decided that it was cool enough to take Flo down the lakes for a nice long walk and a bit of a paddle.  It’s such a nice place to go and have a long run about for her and a stroll and a natter for us.  Then all hell broke loose…she was attacked by another dog.  The next half an hour was a bit of a blur – there were two dogs and the owners were no where to be seen – after shooing them away and coaxing Flo out of the brambles we discovered that she had been quite badly bitten and was bleeding from her side.  After an emergency trip to the vets and some surgery and stitches, she’s just about on the mend.  But of course is sore and shaken and not a fan of other dogs at the minute.  So yes the last few days have been…well emotional and worrying but fingers crossed all is calming down.

So…back to the job in hand.  Today I wanted to share with you a card using one of my favourite elements- BUTTERFLIES.  I find butterflies just so versatile, as well as being pretty, feminine and delicate.

I’ve noticed recently that I’ve been using a lot of pinks and purples so I’ve been trying to increase my colour palette.  I die cut two sizes of nestabilities and two large butterflies from Papertrey Ink cardstock and a matching blue butterfly from Pink Petticoats Brocade release.  I finished this simple card with crystals and pearls, some button twine and a sentiment ribbon also from Pink Petticoat.



What do you think?

I am eagerly awaiting my new delivery from Papertrey – hopefully it’ll be here this week so I can have a play this weekend J

Anyway that’s all from me today – I shall be back tomorrow with part one of my recent commissions.

Take Care

Kate
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment