Friday 7 October 2011

A Bright Birthday...

MORNING…

Apologises for shouting… but its Friday and it has put me in a good mood!

So what’s everyone got planned for the weekend?  Its going to be a busy one for me.  I’m going out for dinner at a new pub which has opened down the road from me with some of Adam’s friends who are visiting, then I’m working Saturday morning and then I’m out for a friends birthday on Saturday night.  So in between working and recovering from an imminent headache I am hoping to get cracking on my Christmas card boxes if I don’t distracted with something else (which is highly possible)

My number one fan has been on at me again to make her another card, this time for her dad – I think I might be putting her local Clintons out of business.  The brief of this card was – it’s for dad, he likes red and orange and do whatever you like! Bit vague but I thought I’d have a bash anyway!  I realised I hadn’t used my Papertrey Alpha Blocks for a while so I dug them out and dusted them off and this is what I came up with.  I used scraps of Pink Petticoat and doodlebug papers and layered them up and added the letters.  I had recently ordered some lovely mini rik rak which was meant for my Halloween invites but I just couldn’t resist this alongside some of the old favourite bakers twine.  A simple but bright and fun card – I did warn you, you would need your sunnies!!



Well that’s all for me today.  Thank you all for reading. Hope you have a nice weekend.

I’ll be back tomorrow to share with you something that is not card related! But don’t worry its still good – I hope!

Take care

Kate
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment