Wednesday 27 July 2011

A big THANK YOU!

Morning!

I would firstly like to say I am overwhelmed by the amount of views I received yesterday! And I had my first comment.  THANK YOU SO MUCH! I hope this is the start of many more views and comments!!

Ok so… Today I would like to share with you a couple of things to show you more what I am about.  As well as paper crafts I love making jewellery. I’m a bit like a magpie- I spot anything shiny from a mile off- typical girl hey!? I absolutely adore Swarovski Crystals (i get mine from jilly beads), not only because they come in so many different shapes colours but because they are so versatile.  I recently made this necklace.

My inspiration was looking out into my garden on a sunny Sunday morning and seeing all the freshly potted plants and hanging baskets in full bloom. All the rich clashing colours made me want to get creative- so I sat at the dining room table (which I am slowly taking over which boxes among boxes of buttons, paper and ribbon) and made this.  What do you think? It’s my jewellery description of Summer!

And last  but not least (yes I know two crafts in one day!) I wanted to just quickly share with you this card I recently made for a friends birthday- sorry about the photo, the light was not being my friend! I have started a craze of sewing on my cards- I sort of seeing it as a staple for all my designs- its just a great way of attaching papers and embellishments to the card base.


The image used in this card is one from the fabulous Pink Petticoat- my favourite website for digital downloads.  Liz’s designs are all so clean and simple but can be turned into the most beautiful cards.  If you haven’t already you should really check out her website. 

I coloured the image in using promarkers and finished off with a few sparkly gems from Wild Orchid Crafts and voila!

That’s it for today.  Another quick thank you for reading! I hope to be back soon with more of my creations!

Have a great day!

Kate
xx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful necklace Kate. Love your card too, glad to find another Pink Petticoat fan! :)

    ReplyDelete